Please contact the office if you would like your child to join our school community.
We admit children from 2-11 years. Nursery pupils will often recieve a home visit prior to starting school from Mrs Findlay. This allows us to get to know your child in a familiar setting, prior to them joining school.
Pupils joining the school in Reception and Key Stages One and Two, will have to apply through the School Places Team at Cumbria County Council:
by telephone: 01228 221582
by email : email@example.com
Using the following weblink:
We currently have vacancies in all year groups.
For 2019-20, Arlecdon primary follows the County Council admissions policy. We will adopt the West Lakes' MAT policy for 2020-21.
A map of the school’s catchment area may be obtained from the Local Authority.
A part-time Nursery place will be funded for every child from the start of the school term after their third birthday. Those born between 01.04.17 and 31.8.18 may start in September 2020.
If there are places available, those born between 01.09.16 and 31.12.16 may start in January 2020 and those born between 01.01.17 and 31.03.17 may start in April 2020.
Children who were born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017 will be offered the opportunity to enter school from September 2020 but must apply for a place even if they have attended the Nursery.
New parents are invited to make an appointment to view the school prior to registering and for those children not attending our nursery class there will be an opportunity to visit on two occasions in the summer term.
Our published admissions numbers are 30 in Reception and 26 full time equivalent in the Nursery. However additional children may be admitted under limited exceptional circumstances. These children will remain an ‘excepted pupil’ for the time they are in an infant class numbers fall back to the current infant class size limit” In the event of there being more applicants for admission to school than this, the governors shall, if necessary, use the following criteria for selection:
1. All children whose Statement of Special Education need names Arlecdon Primary School.
2. Looked after children or previously looked after children.
3. Previously looked after children are children were looked after ceased to be so because they were adopted (or came subject to a residence order or special guardianship order)
4. Residence within the school’s catchment area. Distances will be measured in a straight line using GIS mapping system operated by the LA, from the front door of the school to the front door of the child’s home, the shorter having priority
5. Having a brother or sister attending Arlecdon School at the date of entry.
6. Where the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made and / the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
7. Proximity of the child’s home to the school outside of catchment, with those living nearer being accorded the higher priority.
If it is necessary to prioritise with categories 3 - 7 then the distance measurement used in category 4 will apply.
A waiting list will be maintained for one term in the academic year of admission and places will be prioritised in the same order as the list above.
Each added child will require the list to be ranked in line with the over subscription criteria. Places will be offered according to their priority on the list and not on the length of time they have been on the list.
As there is a possibility of more children than places available in September 2020, it is very important to apply for a place for your child.
Applications for places in Reception 2020 can be made online via the Cumbria County Council website.
Parents can request that the date their child is admitted to school is deferred until later in the academic year or until the term in which the child reaches compulsory school age. Parents also request that their child takes up a part-time place until the child reaches compulsory school ages.
Should you be unsuccessful in applying for a place you have right of appeal to an independent appeals panel. Anyone wishing to appeal should submit the appeal initially to the Chair of the Governors at school (Mr Owen David). Parents have 20 days school days from the date of the refusal letter to lodge their appeal.